Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching up

I probably should label this part 1, part 2, part 3, etc. We've been so busy - not just getting ready for baby #2, but keeping up with a very active toddler. We were told at school that Matthew has more energy than most, so we've made the decision to enroll him in MyGym. This is a step beyond Gymboree and is more structured in teaching gymnastics. We've only been to one class so far, but he's already learned how to do a forward roll. I am sure in no time he'll be flipping onto the sofa just as I did when I was a kid! He enjoys the class and asks to go, so I see that as a really good sign. I think it's going to be great when the baby arrives in the sense that he'll have dedicated Matthew time every Saturday. Marvin and I decided that one of us will take him to class and then take him out to lunch - his choice. We want him to know how much we love him and that he is still a very important person in our family. He's the big brother after all.

Speaking of being a big brother - I think Matthew is going to do really well. My pregnacy has been going very smoothly - much better than Matthew's actually, but I still have my ups and downs. My favorite thing when I am laying down and resting, Matthew inevitably comes over and asks "You not feeling good? You sick?" which is quickly followed by "I rub your feet." ;) Matthew's future wife better thank me for this one! He will gently rub my feet and say "Feel better?" What a sweet, sweet boy! If he's that tender with me, I look forward to seeing how he reacts to his baby brother.

Matthew has been such a help in getting things ready for our new addition. He is deciding what he's going to share and what things are his. I am amazed at what things he is attached to. Just the other day I received a gift from a co-worker - a cute little monkey - and Matthew thought the gift was for him. When I said it was for his brother, he took the monkey by the hand and walked him through the house showing him where everything was. When he got to the nursery he said, "my brother can have my monkey. He live there." So sweet. What's funny though is that when he doesn't like something, he'll tell us to give it to the baby or put it in the baby's room. Hmmmm....

We have about 4 1/2 weeks left. I can't believe it! We're really looking forward to meeting this sweet bundle of joy!

No comments: