Saturday, February 14, 2009

A day of milestones



Happy Valentines Day! For most people this is a day they spend with loved ones sharing candy, flowers and admiration. For me, it marks not only Matthew's first Valentine's Day, but the day of departure for my first trip to Europe. I am heading to Barcelona, Spain for a business trip and am leaving my sweet boys behind. I am excited because all the hard work that has gone into this project is finally coming to an end and when I return, I can be a mommy and wife again. That is what has saddened me most in this process - I was not able to find a good balance. I worked to much and spent too little time with my family. I hope to do better so next time I can leave with little guilt - ok, less guilt. Until I leave, I am going to go and spend time with my sweet little guy and adorable husband who has done wonders supporting me through this process.

What ever you do today, I hope you get to spend time with your loved ones!!! Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Could his smile be any cuter? Seriously! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time in Barcelona!! Very nice that Marvin got to come enjoy it after the working was over ;)

We need to get the fams together soon - is March going to be any less busy for you guys? It would be fun to have you guys and tiff and larry and the boys over sometime soon.