Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back in the swing

My goodness - after more than a month of craziness, our life is finally starting to get back to normal. My work trip to Barcelona went so well. While the work was intense and exhausting, but backdrop is the beautiful city of Barcelona. Marvin flew over after the event and we took a few days to explore the city. It was a wonderful experience to wander the small streets of Barcelona to see what treasures they held - be it a small pastry show, cute boutique or end in a square with a small church. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the idea that I could wander and get lost in the city with every turn. Thankfully it was always easy to find a cab and get back to a central location. :) Marvin and I enjoyed dinner with friends, saw the Sagrata Familia, enjoyed Parc Guell, walked Las Rambalas, and took in the Gothic and Born areas. We hope to go back again.






















The question everyone asks - did I miss Matthew. Yes, yes I did, but he definitely did not miss me as much as I missed him. Matthew had a wonderful week with Granddad and Mimi. So much so that it took him a few days to warm up to me. I only wish it only took me that long to get over the jet lag. I don't know what I was thinking, but that very first weekend back I volunteered at the Divine Consign. This is a great sale for new mommies and daddies. It's a great place to get clothes, toys and every kind of accessory required to raise a child. Because I volunteered, I got to shop early - and shop I did. I got Matthew's summer wardrobe, a nicer jogging stroller and quite a few toys. I am already looking forward to the fall sale. :)

We started this weekend on a somber note attending the funeral for my aunt Angie Drozd. While its always sad to have a family member pass away, we are comforted knowing she is in a better place. It was also a nice opportunity to catch up with family - many of whom have not met Matthew.

This weekend we also had the opportunity to enjoy Dallas Blooms. What a beautiful site!!! We were the guests of a couple of our friends who are members. They have a son Carson who is just a couple weeks younger than Matthew. The boys did great as we checked out all the flowers, played in some of the playhouses and took a ton of pictures. Shamefully I filled one of our memory cards - thankfully memory was reached as we were walking out of the park vs walking in, but I am embarrassed to admit how many pictures I took - let's just say I am so thankful for digital photography. If not, who knows how many pictures of the top of Matthew's head I would have. :) Trisha and Chad - thank you so much for inviting us - we had a great time!













Sunday was a day for daddy. While I was working hard getting ready for Barcelona, Marvin was picking up the slack at home. He's a wonderful father and more than I could ever ask for in a husband. We had a very enjoyable lunch a Lawry's. We've definitely been out and about this weekend. With the time change and all, I just hope we haven't messed up Matthew's schedule too much!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I enjoyed your entry, especially the pics of Matthew. It was funny to read how Matthew was attached to his grandparents. Well...the same thing happened to YOU when you were about Matthew's age. I was taking care of you on the farm while your parents went out. Your mom was so surprised when she came back and you were not too thrilled to see her! Can't wait to see you, Marvin and my godson.