Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just another day

We finally had a weekend that I needed - a down weekend - a weekend with no real plans and nothing we had to do. Given all the time we spend with Matthew, I often find myself wondering (sometimes longing) what we did with ourselves before children. When a grocery trip could be done in 40 minutes because you can divide and conquer and are not dealing with a child who wants in the cart, out of the cart, to push the cart, to be held, to touch everything in reach.

I feel bad that we don't get to see our friends as often any more, but I tell you, more often than not at 9pm on a Saturday, I am snoozing on the sofa. Where did all the energy that would let us play poker til 2 in the morning go?

Not that I am complaining...Matthew slept until 9am this morning, so the whole family got some much needed rest and I watched Matthew have more fun today than I've seen in a long time. He has this new "surprised" look when he's about to do something that he really likes. I am trying to catch it on film, but it's tough! He opens up his mouth wide and pulls his lips over his teeth - it is too funny. He'll do this if we're about to start a new activity - or even turning the page in his favorite book. It's too cute. We started a mini-membership at Gymboree today and I can guarantee that it will to totally worth the time. I can also venture to say that I have never seen Matthew so happy running from activity to activity. It will be a fun adventure for the next month.

On that note, this sleepy mommy is heading to bed.

No comments: