Thursday, August 20, 2009

Giddy

Can I tell you how excited I am for this evening. When I was pregnant, some girls in my prenatal Yoga class turned me onto Divine Consign. This turned me onto the whole idea of consigning in general. Yes - kids are expensive and yes it is frustrating that the adorable outfit you spent $40 on only gets worn twice because when you go to put it on for a third time, surprise, they've outgrown it. Not to mention they toys. You never know what toy will end up being a favorite. (So far we've done well in that department. We may have bought some toys a little too early, but he plays with everything equally today - ok, everything but his stuff animals.)

Wouldn't it be great to be able to find all this stuff for 50-70% - more in some cases? Welcome to my Divine Consign joy!!! So, its basically a big garage sale, but the only items being sold are for babies and kids. I am talking everything under the sun from boppies to clothes to exersaucers to strollers. They have it all. I attended as a first time mom and found tons of great things - I found even more when I went back after Matthew was born. Now I volunteer so I can get into the presale and get first dibs! This is how bad my borderline obsession is - I was dreaming about the sale. The presale starts this evening and I will be going - as well as volunteering tomorrow....In my dream, I stopped by this morning to pick up my wristband and saw that women were in line at 6:30am for the 5pm sale. Of course that made my heart sink as had to head off to work. I know that people are not in line yet, but I do wish I could have gotten a shift that would have put me in the sale at 4:30pm. I have my eye on a few things. Let's just hope that they are still there when I finally get in.

I remember that old Mervyn's commercial - "Open, Open, Open..." That's me right about now!

No comments: