Monday, August 17, 2009

"Not Me" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. Find comfort in knowing you are not alone!

First off, I am not writing this instead of working! Nope, I am focused on my job and being as productive as I can so I can spend time with my family in the evenings.

This past week I did not ignore Matthew's food allergy and serve him a side dish that was processed on equipment that also processes egg products - just because it was fast and because I knew he would eat it. Processed on products with egg isn't the same as having egg - right?

I did not brush off my child this weekend because I was trying to get work done. I really thought he would be more entertained by daddy than by hearing me freak out when he accidently pressed a button and deleted my presentation.

I did not let Matthew climb to the top of a two story slide and slide down by himself. Afterall, the teacher at Gymboree said kids are 3-4 years old before they have the muscle strength and dexterity to pull up with their arms while pushing up with their legs and really are really able to climb.

I did not forget to change Matthew's diaper for 5 hours because we were so caught up in our schedule. Come on, I am a highly dedicated mom who always makes sure that her kids are clean and dry.

I did not give Matthew a bath in the baby pool. Even though we were in the privacy of our backyard and the water was the same water that we would use in the bathtub, I am the kind of mom who always makes time for the evening bath.

I did not send Matthew to school today even though he had a small bout of diarrhea yesterday because I had an important meeting that I was leading. WebMD BTW said it generally runs its course after 24 hours afterall. If I do get the call from the school that he is not feeling well, I will not be the mama that sticks around work - no, I can promise you I will be there as fast as I can!

No comments: