Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a haul!!!

OK - so I was SO excited about Divine Consign and I have yet to share with everyone the outcome. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to leave work as early as I had planned. I did make it out the door well before 5pm, but not soon enough to be one of the first people in line. I got to the Plano Convention Center around 4:40pm and found myself to be in the 3rd line to get in. Everyone was ready - laundry baskets, wheeled bags, wagons and strollers abound. The stroller didn't work for me last time, so this time I was prepared with a large laundry basket and a rolling duffel. As soon as I got in I went straight for the big items. I was really hoping my learning tower would be there, but it wasn't.

:(

Next - on to the wagons, but each one had a pink tag which meant someone was going to be purchasing it. :( I checked out some art easels, but Matthew isn't quite old enough and then I saw a Little Tikes Basketball Goal ($10). Yes - everyboy needs a basketball goal. I quickly filled out my pink tag staking my claim.

I had a different strategy this time around - I had always done strollers first, then clothes because I was too late for the big items. This time I decided to hit up the toys first. Christmas was on my mind. I really wanted to get some LeapFrog stuff - mini computer or something. They didn't have what I pictured in my head, but I did find a First Touch leapbook. This thing was in perfect condition - came with 6 books and a bag. $35 - can't go wrong!!! While I was checking out the Leapfrog stuff, I saw a backpack carrier for Matthew. Hello, we'll be going to the mountains twice this fall. We'll use it it and for $20, I figured it was more than worth it especially when they are $100+ in the store. On to the toys!!!

Now, Matthew is such a boy. He loves, loves, loves his cars. I found all kinds of cool cars, trucks and things that move. We got a Little Peoples Airplane ($9.50) and a Little People School Bus ($6). These are going to go great with the other Little People stuff I had found earlier this year that he'll be getting for Christmas.

Cars cars cars - We picked up a Tonka Speed and Go Funway ($8), Triple Track Tower ($6), a Fisher Price Tough 'N Rumblin' Front Loader and Tough and Rumblin' Dump truck. I also picked up a few small cars for us to take on our plane trips. A set of 4 stacking/nesting cars for $1.50 - you can't go wrong! I also got a little 3-piece Tonka car set for $2.50!

It wasn't just cars that I was able to pick up - I found a Rolling Crane for $5, a Dancing Elmo (yes, Matthew really likes Elmo now) for $5, a wheelbarrow ($6), a Fisher Price Toby the Totbot ($5), LeapFrog Shopping cart for $14.50 and a Lego table with Legos for $6!!!! Oh - and books and media. I added a few "lift and see" books to Matthew's collection as well as some books on his favorite thing - cars! When they are $1-$3, you just can't go wrong. I packed my laudry basket well and all of this fit - yes - everything - well, for the most part. Now, it wasn't light, but I was able to manage. Thankfully they held the items and I was able to do some clothes shopping. Matthew didn't need much other than PJs and jeans, but because so many of the items were paired as outfits I got a bit more. Matthew's wardrode for the fall is set - though he has a few more Santa outfits than I anticipated. :) Oh well!

While I won't share the grand total - It was great fun shopping and I feel like I got more than my money's worth for everything I found. Granted, some of it needs to be cleaned up and given a little TLC, but I am sure that Matthew will love and enjoy it all.

No comments: