Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One more "Not Me Monday" - even though it's Tuesday...

I did not cry as I put away the clothes that Matthew as outgrown. I mean, what kind of mom gets sentimental over things like that. :)

I have to say that I just love the stage that we are at right now. While Matthew definitely tests his boundaries (ie standing up in his highchair), he is so much fun!!! Last night he was in the best of moods. He is getting quite skilled at eatting with a fork and spoon - that is not to say that everything makes it into his mouth, but he tries - and loves to practice. The past few days he's taken to eating off of Marvin's and my plates. Even though he has the same thing I guess it tastes better when he's not eating off of plastic dinnerware. Is this the same thing as the calories don't count when I have a bite of Marvin's dinner at a restaurant? Anywho - It starts off with a point and then a reach to pull the plate closer and finally the sampling of the meal. Usually it's with what ever utensil he has that day, but yesterday it was a Mattie grabbing a fist full of rice and shoving it in his mouth as fast as he could. I couldn't help but laugh.

There is so much joy in the little things. I admit I will give up the struggles that ensue when we try to rinse his hair during bath time - or get him out of the bath all together for that matter, but even with the challenges parenthood is a blast!

No comments: