Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dinosaurs!

After a few days of ice, things finally warmed up here. When I say warmed up, I am talking 70 degrees. It was a gorgeous cloudless day, so we decided to head out to the Heard Museum to see the dinosaur exhibit. I wasn't sure what Matthew was going to think. I figured we accomplished three things - 1) expose Matthew to something new 2) get to enjoy a beautiful day 3) get in a little exercise walking the nature trails.

Matthew was having a tough time napping today, so when we got to the museum, he was just starting to wake up from his nap in the car. As a result, he was not really into the first few dinos. These things are pretty cool. They're moving, talking (noise making anyway) dinosaurs. When we got Matthew out to get a closer look, we had another Santa Claus experience - he didn't want to be anywhere near these things. After nearing near a few, he calmed down toward the end and would actually look a the dinos, which he wouldn't do at the beginning. Then again - maybe it was the kids he was into.

This is a really cute little preserve in McKinney. After checking out the dino trail we went and looked as some exotic animals. We saw wombats and lemurs and a porcupine. All kinds of stuff! I am sure that we'll be going back as Matthew gets older!

Matthew doesn't even want to look at the dinosaurs!

Freaking out

Matthew is clinging to Marvin for dear life - while funny, I felt bad for terrorizing him so much


By this time, Matthew was enjoying himself - he was looking around so much it was tough to get him to look in the camera
Having fun checking out the animals

As we left, Matthew was comfortable enough to sit on this dinosaur - I guess its just about timing.

2 comments:

Alex and Sam said...

SOOO fun! We took Alex when he was 2 and he loved it...we've been meaning to go back and take both boys. I know they would have fun. I didn't realize the dinos were still at the Heard...I was thinking they were over at the end of Dec. so we are going to head out there soon!

A&M Szeto said...

I am so glad we made it out here and will definitely be going back. I know the dinosaurs were held over through the first part of February, but I am not sure exactly how long. We thought the park was great and look forward to going back.