Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sniff sniff

This is one week that I am so glad to see behind me. I caught a good, old fashioned virus. Fever, congestion, cough - the works. I was so thankful that Matthew goes to school. I had a day where I could rest and work to get myself well. My hats are off to all my stay-at-home mom friends. We all know what you do is amazing. I can't imagine doing it in the condition I was in this past week.

Thankfully I am putting that behind me. Because I wasn't feeling well, we tried to take it easy this weekend, though we did take Matthew to get his 9 month pictures taken. Matthew is starting to suffer from separation anxiety, so while we were right next to him, it was tough to get a picture with a smile. Karey is a wonderful photographer though and assured us that we did get a few good shots. I am sure there were more than a few because I always end up purchasing a ton of pictures.

I know we did get a few of him crying, and I may have to purchase one of those for Matthew's baby book - as a reminder that everything isn't always smiles and doesn't necessarily go smoothly. Growing up is hard work. :) Thankfully Matthew is about as sweet a kid as one could hope for and is being relatively easy breaking us in as parents.

The photo shoot was so exhausting for Matthew that he slept in the car on the way home. We figured that would be the case, but what we didn't count on was him falling asleep mid-snack.

Check out the animal cracker. :)

No comments: